[GRASS-user] Re[2']: g.list ... -1073741701

Edmund Swylan Edmund.Swylan at ponymail.com
Mon Aug 14 16:12:58 PDT 2017

ES> I seem to have just installed GRASS 7.2.1 under Windows XP along with
ES> the spearfish60_grass7. An attempt to start a session with
ES> (spearfish...,user1) gets return code -1073741701;
ES> the g.list test does not get any complaint about sqlite3.dll
ES> (the message mentions 0xc000007b) but I have tried hiding competing
ES> sqlite3.dlls anyway - to no avail.
MN> Searching in the net I found the hint that there may be a mixup of
MN> 64bit and 32bit DLLs: ...

Dear Markus,

I have retried the experiment with GRASS 7.0.5. The end result is the same,
but the mentions of various lines in .pys and the -1073741701 are preceded
by several `Numeric,numarray or Numpy not found. This module requires ...'
paragraphs. The rest can be seen, e.g., in
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/38568072/trouble-importing-numpy-into-grass-gis-7-0-on-windows-10 .
And there is no shortage of bad Numpy items in
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/search?q=numpy .
I do not keep any pythons around - apart from those brought in by
the stand-alone GRASS installer(s); perhaps the installer has not brought
in as many as it should have?

Yours,

Edmund