[GRASS-user] d.rast.edit with multiple maps

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Sat Aug 19 12:50:42 PDT 2017

Ken Mankoff wrote
> Hi,
>
> For the first time, I need to edit a raster. I need to improve some
> hydrological routing. I'd like to edit a DEM, but be able to view a slope
> map and the flow direction (output from r.watershed) to help with the
> editing. Does this capability exist in GRASS or an addon?

just tried it with following steps:

* raster map A as background, e.g. slope
* raster map B which should be edited, set transparency e.g. to 50%, to see
also background map A
* in map display -> Raster digitizer, then you can edit map B with
transparency e.g. to 50% and see map A in the background

-----
best regards
Helmut