[GRASS-user] g.list ... -1073741701

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Sun Aug 20 00:54:23 PDT 2017

>C:\>where sqlite3.dll
>'where' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
>operable program or batch file.

sorry, the where command is available in >= WinVista

> the latter I have now introduced into C:\WINDOWS\system32.

it's not recommended (and normally not needed) to change anything by user
directly in the operating systems folder like C:\WINDOWS\system32. too much
risk for mixing and messing up things.

> I have a 95 and several versions of 98.

no newer ones?

>I have also done a 7.2.1 (and Spearfish) installation on another (XP)
>computer - one without any SQLite or QGIS. Same result.

I've co-developed the winGRASS-installers up from the beginning, we tested
it quite a lot on different windows versions and flavors in this long time.

>Yes. And that is why I think I stand a slightly better chance with 6.4.4
>whose PATH seems to be set by three .bats and not by a GRASS...py.

AFAICT there is no fundamental difference in setting %PATH% between the
winGRASS 6.x and winGRASS 7.x line.

>What's scratch? Uninstalling all GRASSes and killing the remaining weeds
>in

yes

>Maybe. But, surely, a network installer has more, not fewer, options than
>a stand-alone one?

the standalone installer is based upon the OSGeo4W-environment; there it's
possible to add step by step new components, e.g.

- first, install only the basic OSGeo4W-environment, which is mostly
GDAL/PROJ4 stuff, which is GRASS based upon
- do some tests, e.g. by ogrinfo yourshapefile.shp, gdalinfo yourgeo.tif,
ogr2ogr newshapefile.shp oldshapefile.shp etc etc
- add winGRASS to the OSGeo4W-environment and do some tests.

-----
best regards
Helmut