[GRASS-user] g.list ... -1073741701

Edmund Swylan Edmund.Swylan at ponymail.com
Wed Aug 23 13:48:07 PDT 2017

ES> %GISBASE%\bin
ES> C:\WINDOWS\system32
ES> C:\WINDOWS\system
ES> C:\WINDOWS
ES> %APPDATA%\..
ES> %GISBASE%\bin
ES> %GISBASE%\lib
ES> %APPDATA%\GRASS6\addons (In my case this path does not exist.)
ES> %GISBASE%\bin
ES> %GISBASE%\extrabin

HK> Glad to see that you've found the interfering dll

ES> Or an incorrect search procedure?

ML> %GISBASE% paths should be first. Ma

MM> IIUC, for MS Windows, this is not possible, system paths always come first.

Why?
%GISBASE%\bin does come before C:\WINDOWS\system32 as it is.
And at launch %GISBASE%\lib stands second.

MM> libtiff.dll is not a native MS Windows dll and should therefore not be
MM> in C:\WINDOWS\system32, but local in the directory of the software package
MM> that installed libtiff.dll in C:\WINDOWS\system32.

The other application may have meant well - and made sure there was no other
libtiff.dll in any Windows system directory.

However, why doesn't then GRASS keep its libtiff.dll in bin rather than in
extrabin?

Edmund