[GRASS-user] r.damflood question

Codrina Maria Ilie codrina at geo-spatial.org
Mon Aug 28 13:53:04 PDT 2017

Hi all,

I have been trying to run GRASS7 module r.damflood using the following
datasets
[https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B2Yx_1shUSx3VThlY3BrV1JyWjg?usp=sharing],
with this command:

r.damflood --overwrite --verbose elev=dem lake=water_depth
dambreak=dam_breach manning=manning tstop=3 deltat=1 h=b_depth vel=b_vel
hmax=b_mwd vmax=b_mwv imax=b_mi wavefront=b_wf

To make it easier, the lake has a constant depth.

As far as I can understand, the rasters should be correctly built, but
the outputs of r.damflood are obviously wrong (rasters with nodata or
one category = 0; at second 1 the depth raster is half the lake's size
(s00.png, s01.png)and at second 2, it completely disappears).

During the processing, I get the Courant-Friedrich-Lewy stability
condition warning message.

If I try to chose as computational method for initial velocity
estimation, uniform drop in of lake or small dam breach, I get the
following error "ERROR: Don't find the dambreak - Please select a
correct map or adjust the computational region".

Does anyone have an idea what could be the reason of these results,
please? Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Cheers,
Codrina