[GRASS-user] Select vector feature(s) tool sometimes selects multiple lines

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 20:10:19 PDT 2017

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 11:03 PM, Jeshua Lacock <jeshua at 3dtopo.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I am using the “Select vector feature(s)” tool in the g.gui wxpython user interface. Sometimes it selects more than one line, despite clicking on just one line.
>
> I assume that means that more than one line has the same category value, might that be the case?
>
> If so, can someone recommend a way to assign a unique category to each individual line of a GRASS vector? Or any suggestions on how to get the select vector features tool to only select the line clicked would be very much appreciated!

It could be either the case you mention - it selects based on
category, in that case I believe there is already a ticket for this. I
think this should be fairly easy to do if I remember the code
correctly, it has been on my TODO for some time, but can't work on it
now.
Also, it can select multiple features if they are close (within a
distance from click).
As for the category, you can use v.category to delete all categories
and add them back, but it doesn't preserve the links to attribute
data.

Anna