[GRASS-user] Change value of a specific raster cell

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Tue Feb 21 12:31:20 PST 2017

Rich Shepard wrote
>    I tried this and must have missed a step. I selected 'raster
> digitizer',
> changed the status bar selector to 'Go to', entered the cell coordinates,
> and the value of 160.0 in the digitizer value combo box, and saved the
> map.
> r.what shows the original value, not the changed one.

sorry, send button too early.

what works for me:

goto/zoom to your pixel of interest.

raster digitizer -> select your raster what should be altered in one pixel
-> zoom to the pixel -> cell value: 160 -> digitize 1 point in your pixel of
interest -> save raster map -> quit raster digitizer

east, north: 638546.314602, 222715.12161
myelev at user1:
  color: 255:255:255
  value: 160

-----