[GRASS-user] 7.2.0 or 7.2.1 Binaries for MacOS?

Jeshua Lacock jeshua at 3DTOPO.com
Sat Jul 8 17:10:07 PDT 2017

Greetings,

I am having problems with the 7.2.0 version installed by MacPorts, and besides that, the main reason I am looking for other binaries is it was built without OpenJPEG support for GDAL, so I can’t open JP2 files. The KingChaos GDAL framework was built with OpenJPEG.

On the main GRASS page, it states:

Download GRASS GIS for Mac OS X
GRASS GIS 7.2.0 (current stable)

But when I click through the links, it shows:

Stable Releases
GRASS 6.4.6 svn
GRASS 7.0.5

The only version of GRASS 7.2 is a development version getting close to a year old.

So, is there a place one can download binaries of the current stable version of GRASS for MacOS?  Since MacOS is the first OS listed on the main page, I would think it would be more current.

Makes me think I should start OpenOSX back up and offer our old "drag a single icon to install GRASS” application (and with all the bells and whistles) again...

Best,

Jeshua Lacock
Founder/Engineer
<3DTOPO.com>