[GRASS-user] GUI digitizer not working as expected [FIXED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jun 8 15:51:55 PDT 2017

On Thu, 8 Jun 2017, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  But, if I try to repeat the digitizing effort using the same map name I
> am not able to move nodes, add lines, or do anything. All this with
> version 7.3.svn. I thought that the build number was saved but I cannot
> find it now.

   Fixed. Applied g.remove to the failed map. Selected vector digitizer and
new map, then entered the existing map name. Grass asked if I wanted to
replace the existing map; I answered 'yes.'

   Selected 'create new boundary with category' and digitized the desired
outline. Then selected 'create centroid'. Now I had a color-filled area
which I saved on exiting the digitizer.

   And now the newly digitized map displays correctly.

   I guess the boundary needed a centroid. Now I know for future reference.

Rich