[GRASS-user] Change value of cells in raster map

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jun 9 05:26:12 PDT 2017

On Thu, 8 Jun 2017, Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote:

> raster A:
> raster B: raster eg with values 1 and 2
>
> in R.mapcalc :
>
> if(B==1, A, A/B)
>
> which means in the resulting map: if the cell value in B is equal to 1, then
> take the raster cell value of raster A, otherwise divide the raster cell
> value of A by the raster cell value of B.

Helmut,

   I understand this produces a new map from two maps with different values.
My two raster maps have the same value (2) because they come from dividing a
single vector map whose area has a single value.

   I'm trying various v.db.* modules to change values in the two vector maps,
then I can recreate the vector maps from these and each will have the
desired value. So far no success, but I'll keep trying.

Thanks,

Rich