[GRASS-user] damaged vector

Vincent Bain bain at toraval.fr
Wed Mar 1 08:19:11 PST 2017

Reply to myself (and maybe a ticket opening, let me know). I work on a
fresh build of grass7_trunk, here is the problem:

There might be something wrong with the digitizer, especially with the
ability to remove vertices. If you accidentally (I mean it's a nonsense)
attemp to remove a vertex to a two-vertices line, then digitizer and gui
immediately crash.

After rebuilding the map, running v.report allows you to identify a
zero-length segment. Notice this wrong line cannot be removed by v.clean
and its dedicated rmline option (anyone know why?). Running v.edit with
tool=delete you can remove the zero-length line, then everything runs
fine again for your map.

Hope this can help people puzzled by this rather frequent issue (at
least for me ;-)).

Vincent.