[GRASS-user] Specifying wxPython version

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Mar 5 09:10:24 PST 2017

   A while ago I had the situation where GRASS did not find the installed
version of wxPython, which was greater than the required minimum. This was
resolved by setting a variable like WX_VERSION with the installed version.

   Now I've installed GRASS on another host and have encountered the same
issue. I no longer have the mail list message with the solution, cannot find
the variable=value in any dot-file, and have not found the answer in my web
searches.

   Please provide a pointer to the appropriate thread in a mail list archive
or remind me how to set it to the installed 2.8.12.1.

   Also, there is no wxPython-2.8.12.1 in /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/
on that host.

Rich