[GRASS-user] manually selecting a region

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Mar 5 09:50:26 PST 2017

On Sun, Mar 5, 2017 at 1:53 AM, Ken Mankoff <mankoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I'd like to manually select a region of an image. It seems like the g.gui.vdigit tool might be the right way to do this. However, when I run it I get the following message:
>
> ERROR: Vector digitizer not available. cannot import name GV_LINES

Strange, please post a bit more about version and operating system.

> Is there another tool that will let me select a region?

Starting from GRASS GIS 7.2 there is a raster digitizer (find it in
the drop-down list in the Map Display Window of the GUI).

See also at the end of this section:
https://grass.osgeo.org/grass72/manuals/wxGUI.html#map-display-window

Markus