[GRASS-user] Slow import of GHSL

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Mar 17 12:34:20 PDT 2017

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 11:02 AM, Nikos Alexandris
<nik at nikosalexandris.net> wrote:
> Markus N wrote:
>> Remember that you have to explicitly switch on the NULL compression:
>>
>> https://grass.osgeo.org/grass72/manuals/rasterintro.html#raster-compression
>
> Thanks for this one too.  I guess we can't opt for a "sane" default NULL
> compression. Can we? For future versions?

That I proposed here:

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2750#comment:61

and MarkusM suggested some tests to be implemented for that (any
volunteers? might be easy with some Python knowledge).

> There are "out-of-date" versions of GRASS, in software repositories.  For
> example,
> https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/7/x86_64/g/, see for gdal and
> grass.  So, this complicates thigns (compatibility).

Try here:
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/neteler/GDAL/
and
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/neteler/grass72/

The latter is still pending a fix to get g.extension working but due
to travelling I cannot work on this at time.

Markus

--
Markus Neteler
http://www.mundialis.de - free data with free software