[GRASS-user] Itzi results have one day lead from input data

Laurent C. lrntct at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 13:49:42 PDT 2017

> On Thu, 23 Mar 2017, Laurent C. wrote:
>
>> Is this t.info output taken from the STRDS created by Itzï?
>

> Laurent,
>
>   I assume so since the registered maps are Itzi output.

Itzï is creating the maps and a STRDS where maps are registered.
But the maps could be registered in various STRDS.

>> The current version of Itzï does not record the initial state. So if you
>> tell Itzï that the simulation starts at 2013-11-15 00:00:00 and the
>> record_step is 24:00:00, then the first registered map will be at
>> 2013-11-16 00:00:00.
>

>   This is what Soeren wrote, too.
>
>> However, the last record should be equal to the end_time given in the Itzï
>> configuration file. If not, please fill-up an issue
>> (https://bitbucket.org/itzi-model/itzi/issues)
>

>   Here is the time portion of the parameter file:
>
> [time]
> start_time = 2013-11-15 00:00
> duration = 600:00:00
> record_step = 24:00:00
>
> and the end turns out to be 2013-12-09 00:00.

If I do the calculation, the simulation will actually ends on
2013-12-10 00:00:00 :

from datetime import datetime, timedelta
start_time=datetime(year=2013, month=11, day=15)
duration=timedelta(hours=600)
end_time = start_time + duration
print(end_time)
2013-12-10 00:00:00

So the last record is missing.
I just checked the source code and there is actually a bug that
prevents the record of the very last maps.
It should be fixed for the next release of Itzï.

Laurent