[GRASS-user] Exiting 7.3.svn is a multi-step process

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Mar 28 06:22:27 PDT 2017

   Running -7.3.svn on Slackware here. When I select File -> Exit grass only
the GUI windows close; grass is still running on the virtual terminal. The
command, exit, closes the running grass in that v.t. However, there are
still two wxgui.py processes running and these need to have their process
IDs killed or the next time I start grass I'm told there's already an
instance running.

   This happens on two different hosts, each running 7.3.svn.

   When someone has the time to look at this it would be worth the effort
when 7.3 becomes the primary focus.

Regards,

Rich