[GRASS-user] Large import runs out of memory

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Nov 2 13:33:01 PDT 2017

On Thu, 2 Nov 2017, Rich Shepard wrote:

> After correcting this oversight the import is running slowly (which is OK
> because I'm getting other work done in the meantime). I find it
> interesting to see warnings like this:

   Trying to display this layer fails:

Failed to run command 'd.vect map=landuse10 at PERMANENT display=shape,zcoor width=1'. Details:

GRASS_INFO_WARNING(1214,1): Vector map is not 3D. Unable to display z-coordinates.
GRASS_INFO_END(1214,1)

GRASS_INFO_ERROR(1214,2): Rendering failed
GRASS_INFO_END(1214,2)

   It is a 2D land use layer so grass should not look for z-coordinates.
Where do I look to see what in the imported map suggests there are
elevations to display?

Rich