[GRASS-user] GRASS GIS and alternative command line terminals in Windows

Sajid Pareeth spareeth at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 08:36:52 PST 2017

Hi Helmut

Thank you for your detailed answer.
That's interesting, I know significant improvement in this regard with
Windows 10, but was not aware of this in Win 7.

The issue is none of these commands are available with the Windows 7 we
have (laptops are provided pre-installed with some customized windows 7 by
our IT, both to staff and students.).
The system configuration says, Windows 7 Enterprise, Service pack 1.

Do we have to enable these features , or by default available?

I use this bundled unix tools here all the time in winGRASS. sometime you
> can the use the windows equivalennt of these tools.

Did you installed these bundled unix tools separately?

Regards

Sajid