[GRASS-user] OpenFileGDB input error

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Sep 24 12:17:11 PDT 2017

   I must have missed something while trying to input an OpenFileGDB map and
the error message isn't telling me what I missed.

   Using the GUI I ran v.in.ogr, specifying the directory in which the file
is found (the location uses the final EPSG reported when 'ogrinfo -al -so'
was run with output directed to a file), the format, and clicked the single
layer in the Input tab. This is the displayed error message:

(Sun Sep 24 11:59:03 2017)
v.in.ogr input=/home/rshepard/data/grassdata/wash-state-data/farmland/2016WSDACropDistribution.gdb layer=WSDACrop_2016
Check if OGR layer <WSDACrop_2016> contains polygons...
Importing 198132 features
Importing 198132 features (OGR layer <WSDACrop_2016>)...
ERROR: Unknown geometry type
(Sun Sep 24 11:59:59 2017) Command finished (55 sec)

   Isn't the geometry type specified in these files? Advice needed.

TIA,

Rich