[GRASS-user] OpenFileGDB input error

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Sep 25 11:04:35 PDT 2017

On Mon, 25 Sep 2017, Markus Metz wrote:

> these multi-surfaces are in the layer with multi-polygons. OGR calls these
> geometries multi-surfaces. Investigating a bit more, I found
> curve-polygons within these multi-surfaces. Curve-polygons are in turn not
> ordinary polygons, but defined by curves, and v.in.ogr (most GIS software
> in general) does not support curves.

Markus,

   Thanks for exploring the data files. Please suggest how I could extract
the useful polygons and attribute data. I know that agencies assume everyone
buys ESRI's software and they're not concerned with accommodating those of
us who do not. In the mid-1990s everyone used ESRI's export format (.e00)
and it was easy to write input filters for grass back then.

Best regards.

Rich