[GRASS-user] OpenFileGDB input error

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Sep 27 02:15:10 PDT 2017

> > You can force a curve geometry to its linearized version (curves are
>
> approximated with segments) with:
> > hGeom = OGR_G_ForceTo(hGeom,
>
> OGR_GT_GetLinear(OGR_G_GetGeometryType(hGeom)))
>
> Thanks for the hint!
>
> I'm looking for a way to support non-linear geometries in v.in.ogr. Is
> there any advantage of using OGR_G_ForceTo() instead of
> OGR_G_GetLinearGeometry()?

Ah, I just forgot the existence of OGR_G_GetLinearGeometry(). Might be indeed more
obvious to use. Both use ultimately the same mechanisms for linear approximation.
The main difference being that OGR_G_GetLinearGeometry() returns a new object, whereas
OGR_G_ForceTo() transforms in place.

Evven

http://www.spatialys.com