[GRASS-user] problem with g.in.ogr

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 02:30:10 PDT 2018

On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 10:47 AM, Camille Bezzina <
camille.bezzina at geophom.fr> wrote:

> Thanks a lot Markus for your help !
>
> It works. :-)
>
> Last question about that, the "verbose" says me that I have 57851input
polygons but 58049 areas in output. Why this difference ?

The number of areas is larger than the number of polygons because holes
inside polygons are also represented as areas.

> How can I check if all polygons are imported ?

What counts is the number of centroids which is ideally identical to the
number of input polygons, as long as input polygons don't overlap. In case
polygons overlap, the number of centroids can be different from the number
of input polygons.

Markus M

https://we.tl/qByZnpMNvU

> Thanks a lot!
>
> The input is 3D, and pairs of consecutive vertices are exactly on top of
each other. The data can be imported successfully with v.in.ogr -2, forcing
2D output.

> In this case I don't understand (yet) why forcing 2D is necessary.
>
> Markus M
>

> > Le 18/04/2018 à 17:30, Markus Metz a écrit :
> >

> > On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 5:27 PM, Camille Bezzina <
camille.bezzina at geophom.fr> wrote:

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I tried to import my vector with the latest version 7.4 and testing
snap=0.01or other values but there is always the same problem.

> > > I also tried with another shapefile (smaller) but it doen't change
anything.

> > > You can find the result in the attached file (verbose + .pdf). As you
can see, when I import a .shp, a lot of polygons desappear.

> > Can you provide off-list (a link to) the shapefile causing problems?
Then we can test.

> > Markus M
> >

> > > Camille
> > >

> > > Le 12/04/2018 à 18:20, Moritz Lennert a écrit :
> > >
> > > On 12/04/18 17:03, Camille Bezzina wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Markus,
> > >
> > > In the file attached you can find the full output of v.import with
verbose.

> > > I launch this one with v.in.ogr and this is the answer.
> > >

> > > At the end you can see:
> > >
> > > "Some input polygons are overlapping each other.
> > > If overlapping is not desired, the data need to be cleaned.
> > > The input could be cleaned by snapping vertices to each other.
> > > Estimated range of snapping threshold: [1e-08, 1]
> > > Try to import again, snapping with at least 1e-08: 'snap=1e-08'"
> > >
> > > Try importing with snap=0.01 or something like that (depending on the
nature and precision of your data.

camille.bezzina at geophom.fr <mailto:camille.bezzina at geophom.fr>> wrote:

> [...]
input=/media/hdd1/phom/eolien/AIP_UNESCO_RONCHAMP/data/qgis/MNE/bati_D90_decoupe.shp
layer=bati_D90_decoupe output=bati_D90_decoupe -o

attributes but when I check my vector with display, some polygons are
missing.

> > > Can you post the full output of v.import with --verbose?
> > >
> > > Considering that you override the projection check with -o, you can
also use v.in.ogr directly and then post the full output of v.in.ogr -o
--verbose.