[GRASS-user] r.clip ... not clipping

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Fri Aug 17 00:18:01 PDT 2018

Rich Shepard wrote
> On Wed, 15 Aug 2018, Vaclav Petras wrote:
>
>> See r.clip module in addons for equivalent of v.clip:
>> https://grass.osgeo.org/grass74/manuals/addons/r.clip.html
>
> Vaclav,
>
>    r.clip is not working for me. I have a 13G DEM that I need to cut down
> a more reasonable size. I set the region to a vector map of the county
> boundary then run
>
> r.clip in=dem_west out=dem_left
>
> About 29 minutes later I see that the output file is the same size and
> coverage as the input file. Doesn't matter if I use the '-r' option to
> r.clip.
>
>    What am I missing?

when you're not sure if a command/module is working as expected, it's always
good to try the example with the NC sample data set mentioned in the
manuals.

th manual's example works here, see screenshot:
raster_clip.jpg
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/t193444/raster_clip.jpg>

without the commands you used (g.region, r.clip, etc), it's hard to find out
what is missing.

-----
best regards
Helmut