[GRASS-user] Display times with ps.map products

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Aug 30 11:01:09 PDT 2018

On Wed, 29 Aug 2018, Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote:

> g.region -a raster=Yourraster vector=yourvector
> r.mask vector=yourvector
> r.mapcalc 'newraster = yourraster'

All,

   I have a question about fcell file size and ps.map run time after running
the above.

   My original .psmap file used a raster dem named 'bedem' with file size
1,460,970,048 Bytes. When running ps.map with that in the input file the
displayed output scale was 1:77977.

   After 'clipping' the raster per the above series of commands the output
file, 'dubois_crk_dem' is much smaller at 169,182,790 Bytes, but when ps.map
is run it reports the output scale set to 1:789624, or almost 10x larger. It
also takes a _very_ long time to load while the .ps map is being created.

   Why might this be happening?

Regards,

Rich