[GRASS-user] v.out.ogr not working

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 23:30:46 PST 2018

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 7:24 AM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> Am 10.01.2018 1:56 vorm. schrieb "alassane toure" <atourej at gmail.com>:
>
> Group,
> I have been spending a lot of time on this and I need help.  I am using
grass72/ gdal2.2 and both my python script and grass72 are not producing
the expected output when i run v.out.ogr! v.in.ogr does work though!

> v.out.ogr input=parcel type=area output=/home/atourej/Data/prcl.shp
>

> GRASS GIS uses its internal vector format, so v.out.ogr just expects a
map name.

No, v.out.ogr expects an OGR datasource and optionally an OGR layer.

Try
v.out.ogr input=parcel type=area output=/home/atourej/Data output_layer=prcl

If this is also not working, please post the messages/warnings/errors of
v.out.ogr.

Markus M