[GRASS-user] Possible Grass Bug

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Jul 3 08:06:21 PDT 2018

On Tue, 3 Jul 2018, Nikos Alexandris wrote:

> Please note that (Python) scripting is possible via the GUI as well.

> There is also the wxGUI Graphical Modeler.

Nikos,

   I've known about python integration but was not aware of the
g.gui.modeler. Since GRASS is only one of the tools I use, and not on all
projects, I would like to learn when it would be more appropriate to use a
python or wxGUI Graphical Modeler rather than a bash shell script.

   I'm not challenging the use of python or g.gui.modeler. I want to
determine whether either (or both) have advantages -- to me -- over writing
a shell script and using it directly rather than as input to wx.gui.modeler
or a python script.

   After reading the g.gui.modeler page I understand what it does but its
advantages over a plain shell script are not obvious to me. Pointers to more
information might provide the answers.

Best regards,

Rich