[GRASS-user] Importing googleearth image

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jul 4 10:32:41 PDT 2018

   I would appreciate pointers on using GoogleEarth views in grassu7. I find
many URLs on saving points ('places') and routes to .kml files, and on
the viewed image as a georeferenced point vector or raster file.

   I can save the image as a .jpg yet do not see an appropriate i.* module to
allow its use in grass7. The general image processing web page suggests that
this might be possible.

   If I save the GE image as a .jpg and convert it to .png format (supported
by r.in.gdal) will this be the solution?

Rich