[GRASS-user] Setting region to add map to location

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jul 6 10:25:21 PDT 2018

   I am trying to add additional DEM maps to the project location. There is
one DEM overlaid on a soil mapping unit map for the county in the attached
screenshot. My reading of the g.region manual page did not let me find the
answers I need.

   The computational region is set to the soil map. Attempting to re-project
the DEM to the immediate west of the existing one fails; grass7.5svn tells
me, "ERROR: Input raster map is outside current region." I don't understand
why this is since the soil map is much larger than the DEMs and I used
'g.region vect=soils' to set the size.

   Another question is how I can expand the region to add a DEM immediately
below the one on the attached map. The eastern edge of the DEM is beyond the
limit of the soil map.

   Learning more about manipulating regions while assembling project maps
will help me now and in the future. Pointers to more resources for me to
read will be very helpful.

Rich