[GRASS-user] g.proj fails on winGRASS trunk with AIG/Arc/Info Binary Grid input

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jun 11 14:58:13 PDT 2018

On Mon, 11 Jun 2018, Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote:

> Indeed not. It seems like the process dies somewhere in GPJ_osr_to_grass(),
> but only in winGRASS.
> it seems so.

All:

   The process dies when using Slackware-14.2 with grass-7.5svn rev. 72794,
gdal-2.3.0, and proj-5.1.0.

   I thought of trying to convert the data from AIG to OPKG using
gdal_translate, but I've no idea of what options and value to select since
I've not before worked translating spatial data formats. For example, since
these are LiDAR data and not remotely sensed satallite imagery I've no idea
how to specify bands. (I've not worked with such imagery since GRASS-4.1.)

   If you think trying Open GeoPackage is worth doing, please suggest
gdal_translate options for me to use.

Regards,

Rich