[GRASS-user] d.rast.edit - edits not saved

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Jun 24 02:36:06 PDT 2018

Dear Heidi,

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 8:11 AM, Heidi Trimmel <
heidelinde.trimmel at boku.ac.at> wrote:
> Dear Grass-users,
>
> I have problems using d.rast.edit. In the archived mails I only found
> that there is a problem using NULL values (*). I cannot save my edits
> regardless which values I enter.
> I tried using the command line, the GUI, having the rasters I edit in
> the display and not having it in the display - without any effect. I am
> not using aspect maps.
> I installed the latest grass version last week (win7,64bit).

I have tried it (successfully) using the North Carolina sample data, on
Linux:

GRASS 7.4.1svn (nc_spm_08_grass7):~ >

g.region raster=elev_lid792_1m -p

# open graphical monitor on cmd line, the same should work via g.gui
d.mon wx0
d.rast elev_lid792_1m

# pan to area of interest and edit raster cells (I used "102" as value to
modifiy cells
# Use:  File > Save to save
# then: File > Exit
d.rast.edit input=elev_lid792_1m output=elev_lid792_1m_modified
/home/mneteler/software/grass74/dist.x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/scripts/d.rast.edit:211:
wxPyDeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated item.
  self.SetVirtualSizeHints(50, 50)
WARNING: No data base element files found

# original stats, note the min value
r.univar -g elev_lid792_1m
n=525000
null_cells=0
cells=525000
min=103.764259338379
max=131.598037719727
range=27.8337783813477
mean=120.768608856928

# modified map stats, note the min value
r.univar -g elev_lid792_1m_modified
n=525000
null_cells=0
cells=525000
min=103.764259338379
max=131.598037719727
range=27.8337783813477
mean=120.768608856928

IMPORTANT: hit "enter" when editing the "New value: ___" field. That's of
course a suboptimal solution, I'll open a ticket for this.

HTH,
Markus