[GRASS-user] Migrating to new RDBMS

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Oct 30 13:41:20 PDT 2018

   I started grass7.7.svn (r73623) and set db.connect to use driver=pg and
database='willamette_river_hg'. Then I copied the vector files (g.copy
vect=current_file,current_file_pg) per the migration instructions on the
databaseintro manual page.

   Trying to run db.copy to add attribute tables to the database (except for
one that is already present) using a script with commands like this:

db.copy from_driver=sqlite from_database='$HOME/data/grassdata/willamette_basin/mercury/sqlite/sqlite.db' from_table=all_species to_driver=pg to_database='willamette_river_hg' to_table=all_species.pg

(on a single line)

this is the warning generated:

WARNING: Unable to open database
          <$HOME/data/grassdata/willamette_basin/mercury/sqlite/sqlite.db>
          by driver <sqlite>
dbmi: Protocol error

   Yet, I can view the attribute table for the vector map within grass.

   Should I run db.connect to the sqlite database at the top of the script?

Rich