[GRASS-user] Migrating to new RDBMS

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Oct 31 08:49:55 PDT 2018

On Wed, 31 Oct 2018, Moritz Lennert wrote:

> This sounds like Stefan might be on the right path: are you sure your
> Postgresql server accepts connections from the network ? What is
> 'listen_addresses' set to in your postgresql.conf ? And is password
> authentication enabled in pg_hba.conf ?

Moritz,

   /usr/share/postgresql-10.3/postgresql.conf has, as defaults. localhost for
the listen_addresses and 5432 for the port. I modified that file so
listen_addresses has both 'localhost' and 'salmo' (the localhost's host
name).

   There is no password authentication; all methods are 'trust'.

   pg_ctl used to reload the server.

   db.test still fails, too.

Regards,

Rich