[GRASS-user] Total stream/river length in basin

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Sep 1 05:36:29 PDT 2018

On Sat, 1 Sep 2018, Micha Silver wrote:

> Don't forget that there's the v.univar module to get sum, mean, sd, etc of
> all features in a vector. Also there's the excellent set of r.stream.*
> addons. The r.stream.stats module might be especially suited here.

   Thank you, Micha.

   This time I wanted to show the number and distribution of sampling
locations in a river basin and all the streams and rivers it contains.
Relating the number and location of those sampling locations to the basin
area and total length of streams and rivers was the goal. Using the sql
sum() in db.select quickly provided that information.

Best regards,

Rich