[GRASS-user] grass-gis-stable docker

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Aug 7 05:05:13 PDT 2019

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 7, 2019 at 12:58 AM JUAN SEBASTIAN VINASCO SALINAS
<vinasco.juan at correounivalle.edu.co> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am tried to use the version of GRASS GIS based on docker file, and am follow the instructions describe on 'https://github.com/mundialis/grass-gis-stable'
>
> but when i tried to run the next command
>
> # case 2: launching anywhere
>     docker run -it --rm --user=$(id -u):$(id -g) --volume /your/test/grassdata/:/data --env HOME=/data/ grassgis76 \
>         grass /data/nc_basic_spm/PERMANENT --exec g.region -p
>
> i receive the next error
>
> ERROR: Failed to create configuration directory '/home/juan/Documentos/0_tesis/grass7imagen/grass-gis-stable/.grass7' with error: No such file or directory
> Exiting...
>
> Some one can explain with more detaid the command describe before please.

I have checked it - the docker image wasn't up to date (lacking the
needed update after our SVN to git migration).

A new docker image is currently building:
https://hub.docker.com/r/mundialis/grass-gis-stable

and will hopefully successfully be ready in 1-2hs from now.
I'll keep an eye on it as well.

Best
Markus

--