[GRASS-user] 7.7.dev: No raster map displays [UPDATE]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jul 24 12:02:05 PDT 2019

On Wed, 24 Jul 2019, Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote:

> If you want that analytical extent matches your vector extent _and_ the DEM
> resolution,  use g.region -a raster=DEM vector=yourvector.

Helmut,

I've read the manual and missed understanding that it can be defined by both
raster and vector maps.

I don't think this is necessary. I can set the region to the DEM and the
MASK to the vector map so r.slope.aspect and r.flow will operate only within
the mask regardless of the overall region size. Unless I'm mistaken about
the function of the MASK.

Best regards,

Rich