[GRASS-user] Fwd: grass-user Digest, Vol 162, Issue 11

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Oct 22 08:58:23 PDT 2019

On Tue, 22 Oct 2019, James Payne wrote:

> Have you considered opening an aerial photo of the area in caltopo.com and
> then saving it as a Geospatial PDF? I do that sometimes. You can't save a
> Google layer but there are other aerial images that you can save. I don't
> know exactly what you are trying to do but take a look.

James,

Nope. There are plenty of digital topo maps available but none, other than
GE, show the actual ground. The GE view of the area I need is from this past
May 8th, very recent. Other than a cloud shadow over part of the project
area it's just what I need as a background on which to delineate reclamation
wetlands.

Thanks for the suggestion,

Rich