[GRASS-user] question about compile r.cva addon

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Aug 2 11:08:13 PDT 2020

Hi,

On Sun, Aug 2, 2020 at 5:05 PM Zac45 <lizehaolee at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using GRASS 7.8 and now need to conduct an analysis using* r.cva*. But

Do you refer to
https://grass.osgeo.org/grass7/manuals/addons/r.viewshed.cva.html
?

> the problem is that the addon module is prepared for GRASS 6.0 and I have to
> compile and install it. The g.extension seems not work very well with this
> module.

There is also the GRASS GIS 7 version (see above).

> I have downloaded the tar.gz file and googled many method to compile it but
> I still failed.. Could you give me some clues or give me some suggestions
> about next steps?

You can give the module name as a parameter to g.extension:

grass78 ~/grassdata/nc_spm_08_grass7/user1
g.extension extension=r.viewshed.cva
Fetching <r.viewshed.cva> from GRASS GIS Addons repository (be patient)...
Compiling...
Installing...
Updating extensions metadata file...
Updating extension modules metadata file...
Installation of <r.viewshed.cva> successfully finished

HTH,
Markus