[GRASS-user] More Fun Compiling & Installing GRASS on CentOS 8

mdwxman mdwxman at protonmail.com
Thu Dec 17 20:19:52 PST 2020

Looks like more fun here at dog fur manor. I'm still stuck on the compilation of grass-7.8.5RC1 on CentOS 8.

The script stops at line 6788 in the configure script with the ERROR message: Cannot find grass-config.

I've moved grass-config to many different subdirectories but always with the same result. I used the methods on https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Compile_and_Install#CentOS under the CentOS 8 and the GRASS 7 instructions. The installation of all dependencies went fine but apparently there is an issue with grass-config.

And just think, I'm not even finished with the ./configure process. Am I missing something?

Michael Allen
Industrial Weather
763-777-1263