[GRASS-user] grass-7.8.5 on Fedora 33

mdwxman mdwxman at protonmail.com
Thu Dec 31 12:01:35 PST 2020

As a recent GRASS GIS-installation sufferer, I can explain what I did.  Basically I followed Markus Neteler's instructions explicitly for installing 7.8.5.  There were some small mistakes but he carefully corrected them.  I used his instructions from the User Group regarding 7.8.5, and the instructions called for a two-step process (or three steps): download the 7.8.5 source tarball, use the script preparing for the compilation (which guarantees all the required software is installed), then run the compile, make, make install steps.

Michael Allen
Industrial Weather
763-777-1263

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.