[GRASS-user] r.flow function

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Mon Feb 3 10:09:46 PST 2020

Valter Albino wrote
> Good afternoon
>
> From the function "r.flow" (
> https://grass.osgeo.org/grass78/manuals/r.flow.html), can some expert
> explain me what is the meaning of: "val-th" and the meaning of: "max(1,
> <rows
> in elevation>
> /50,
> <cols in elevation>
> /50)."

no expert here on my side, though, from the manual:

skip=integer
    Number of cells between flowlines

Another option, skip, indicates that only the flowlines from every val-th
cell are to be included in flowline.

=> it may be something like: val-th value is the threshold value given by
skip

The default skip is max(1, <rows in elevation>/50, <cols in elevation>/50)

=> it's the calculation of the default skip value if no skip=integer figure
is given.

see the r.mapcalc manual:
https://grass.osgeo.org/grass78/manuals/r.mapcalc.html

max(x,y[,z...])         largest value of those listed

contribution for precising the manual welcome.

-----
best regards
Helmut
--