[GRASS-user] ps.map: vlines use of attributes

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jul 3 16:05:09 PDT 2020

I'm preparing maps of fish distributions within a river network. For a
couple of species there are two stocks of interest, i.e., green and white
sturgeon and fall and spring chinook salmon. For both pairs some parts of
their distributions overlap and I want to display both the distinct and
overlap reaches. Each species/stock has its own data file.

Looking a vlines' attributes it seems to me that some or all of width,
cwidth, hcolor, hwidth, offset, and coffset can be used in the two vlines
stanzas. Are there examples of ps.maps that use these attributes, or are
there guidelines that provide insight into their specific effects?

If not I guess it is a matter of trial-and-error on my part.

Carpe weekend and stay well,

Rich