[GRASS-user] r.3.count.categories compression error -14

Olivier.C.Canon at umwelt.uni-giessen.de Olivier.C.Canon at umwelt.uni-giessen.de
Thu Jul 16 06:32:37 PDT 2020

Hello everyone,

I’m using the 3D-Forest-Fragementation Modul developed by Vaclav and
have produced a workflow for the calculation. It is working well and
I’m getting plausible results. While applying this workflow for my
whole study region (35 plots/regions) it only works for about 50 % of
the plots. The others fail at the step where I use
r3.count.categories. I can’t see the link respectively the difference
for this error. That’s why am asking for a hint:

I’m running Grass 7.8.2 (64 bit), Python 3.7.0, wxPython 4.0.7 on Windows 10

The problem occurs while running this command:

"r3.count.categories input=ff_mean_131_2 output=ff_mean_131_2_count
slices=ff_mean_131_2_slice --overwrite"

With this error:

"[…]
Raster map 22 Filename: ff_mean_131_2_slice_00022
Raster map 23 Filename: ff_mean_131_2_slice_00023
WARNING: ZSTD compression error -14: Unsupported frame parameter
ERROR: Error uncompressing raster data for row 43 of
<ff_mean_131_2_slice_00010>
ERROR: An error occurred while running r.mapcalc with expression:
ff_mean_131_2_count_0 = int(ff_mean_131_2_slice_00001 == 0) + […]"

For each failing plot the error occurs in this step. The slices seem
to be generated correctly. I couldn’t see differences while displaying
them or comparing the raster metadata.
In the different plot its always another slice (2D Raster) and another
row where the uncompressing fails. I tried to reduce the plot-size and
found out, that the error occurs always in the same row of a plot. If
this row is excluded, it works fine.
That’s why I think it has nothing to do with missing space on disk, or
not enough calculating capacity.
Has someone an idea what’s the problem? Thanks very much!

Greetings,
Olivier