[GRASS-user] adaptive gaussian filter

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 05:25:53 PDT 2020

Something like anisotropic diffusion described by Perona P. and Malik
J. 1990? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anisotropic_diffusion
I do have a working C module performing aforementioned noise reduction
(with optional Tukey's conductance function according to Black et al.
1998) but I haven't found time (and need) to clean it up + write
documentation to make it production ready. If you are working on a
publication where it would be useful, I'm in.

Māris.

Perona P. and Malik J. 1990. Scale-space and edge detection using
anisotropic diffusion. IEEE transactions on pattern analysis and
machine intelligence, 12(7).
Black M.J., Sapiro G., Marimont D.H. and Heeger D. 1998. Robust
anisotropic diffusion. IEEE transactions on image processing, 7(3).

trešd., 2020. g. 29. jūl., plkst. 14:22 — lietotājs Jachym Cepicky
(<jachym.cepicky at gmail.com>) rakstīja: