[GRASS-user] Reclassify a vector adding a column

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Wed Jun 17 01:46:02 PDT 2020

Hi Margherita,
I offer my suggestion below as someone who uses varied (and any) product
needed to get a job done quickly and correctly.

If you are able to open your vector dataset in QGIS (by simply dragging
and dropping it into the 'Layer' panel), then take a look at the "Field
Calculator" - it is the button with an Abacus for an icon.

Using this Field Calculator will make the job extremely simple.

Good luck and kind regards,
Zoltan

On 2020/06/17 10:34, Margherita Di Leo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to reclassify a vector in the following way: based on a column
> of type string I have to create a new column of type string based on
> certain rules that I give upon the first column, and I thought it
> would be really handy if I could do it likeĀ  CASE WHEN... THEN ...
> I have tried to feed a similar rules file to v.reclass but this
> statement is not recognised. How can I translate it? Furthermore, I
> would like to be able to just add a reclass column rather than
> creating a new vector file, is that possible? How?
>
> Thank you in advance
>
> Kind regards,
>
> --
> Margherita Di Leo

Zoltan Szecsei GPrGISc 0031
Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
GIS and Photogrammetric Services

P.O. Box 7, Muizenberg 7950, South Africa.

Mobile: +27-83-6004028  (Best option: WhatsApp)
India:	+91 83418 01616
Qatar:  +974 5083 2722   www.geograph.co.za