[GRASS-user] v.select incredibly slow

Uwe Fischer gisfisch at t-online.de
Wed Apr 7 10:32:09 PDT 2021

Hello list, hello Markus,

it looks like I have the first issue with my update trials from GRASS 7.0.3 to 7.8.5. The following snippet worked fine in 7.0.3 (goal: to write out MicroStation CAD DGN-files from GRASS using a seedfile, which is just a template):

v.out.ogr input=gmarest at lwk_work type=line output=d:/testout.dgn format=DGN dsco=seed=d:/a-scratch/seed/lwk_seed.dgn

But in 7.8.5, I get:

ERROR 6: CreateField() not supported by this layer.

ERROR: Unable to create column <level>

I also set the –c flag to prevent GRASS from creating the CAT column since DGN only allows for certain columns, eg. LEVEL. But those cols were created without problems in the old version, so that cannot be the problem.

Thanks for help.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Uwe Fischer

--