[GRASS-user] v.select incredibly slow

Uwe Fischer gisfisch at t-online.de
Tue Apr 13 05:15:19 PDT 2021

Hi Markus,

I wrote that I used the -c flag, but in fact it was the -s flag (my error, sorry), please see here the complete command and message:

v.out.ogr -s --overwrite input=gmarest at lwk_work type=line output=d:/testout.dgn format=DGN dsco=seed=d:/a-scratch/seed/lwk_seed.dgn
ERROR 6: CreateField() not supported by this layer.
ERROR: Unable to create column <level>

important to see: the error message says that it cannot create the "level" column, which is an inherent part of the DGN format. It is NOT a user defined field. AND: that column could be written without problems in 7.0.3.
As far as I can see, there are changes in GDAL/OGR DGN driver in the way that they can also handle DGN V8 now. Maybe it has to do with those changes. But how can I figure that out? Maybe I can ask the friend named Frank Warmerdam who seems to be involved?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
UWE FISCHER