[GRASS-user] Topography shading in irradiance

Robson Passos robsonbarretodospassos at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 19:04:07 PDT 2021

Dear,

I have irradiance data from the WRF meteorological model, the data is with
3 km resolution, first I need to refine it to 1 km resolution and then
calculate the irradiance loss due to the shading of the terrain.

Is there a tool that does this in GRASS? I would like to use an irradiance
raster as input and know the influence of topography on shading, similar to
what is presented in the solar potential atlases.

If you can clarify this for me I would appreciate it.

Thank you very much in advance,
Robson