[GRASS-user] v.surf.idw Not Working

Michaela Lobato amlobat2 at illinois.edu
Thu Feb 11 14:47:21 PST 2021

Hello,

I have recently been struggling with an issue in GRASS. I am a new GRASS
user and recently downloaded version 7.8.5 for my MacBook (macOS
Catalina).  I converted this sample dataset
<http://www.kriging.com/datasets/coal.dat> to a shapefile. I am able to
load and visualize the file and set the region to be the loaded set of
points. When I run v.surf.idw, I get the following error:

v.surf.idw input=coal_test at PERMANENT output=coal_test_tested
Input vector map <coal_test at PERMANENT> is 2D - using categories to
interpolate
WARNING: No record for point (cat = 1)
WARNING: No record for point (cat = 2)
WARNING: No record for point (cat = 3)
.
.
.
WARNING: No record for point (cat = 96)
0 points loaded
ERROR: No points found

I have tried to use v.surf.idw with different datasets as well and am
still getting the same error. I've also tried re-installing GRASS GIS to no
avail. I'd appreciate any help you can provide!

Thanks,
Michaela