[GRASS-user] GRASS =?utf-8?Q?won=E2=80=99t_?=open after locking up

Jonathan Zadra jon.zadra at sorensonimpact.com
Fri Jan 22 11:31:49 PST 2021

GRASS completely locked up on me after trying to run something on a 64GB raster - it ended up taking 600 GB of RAM/Swap.  Force quitting wouldn’t even work, so I had to restart my machine.  Since then, it will not open.  The icon appears for a bit, but no windows open, and I can see it in processes.  Then after a while it quits on its own.

I have tried deleting and reinstalling it, but the problem persists.

I’m on OS X 11.1, using GRASS 7.8

Thanks,

Jon

--