[GRASS-user] r.clump/ Concurent mapset locking is not supported on Windows

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Mon Jan 25 23:55:43 PST 2021

dag.lit wrote
> Hello Everyone
> I have a problem with Grass tools in QGIS (QGIS Desktop 3.16.3 with Grass
> 7.8.5). When I try to use r.clump or any other tool from grass I have a
> message 'Warning: Concurent mapset locking is not supported on Windows'.
> Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
>
> Thanks :)

it's not a bug, it's a feature. ;-)

the concept of mapset locking doesn't work in windows, although in the *nix
world quite well.

though, simultaneously working by different users in the same mapset should
be avoided also in the windows world.

not sure how QGIS handles this; maybe it's more a QGIS questions.

-----
best regards
Helmut
--